Meet P&R Team Member Dave Warren, 18 Years of Service and Going Strong

If you've visited our parks, chances are you've run into this guy. Meet Dave Warren - a VB Parks & Rec team member for 18 years who was just promoted to Superintendent of Grounds Services. 

One of the most positive people you'll ever meet, Dave began his career with the City of Virginia Beach as a Groundskeeper I back in 2003. During his first stint with Landscape Maintenance, Dave gained experience as a GKI, GKII, and Motor Equipment Operator. In 2014, he took his talents to the beach as the Park Supervisor for Little Island Park. In 2019, Dave once again returned to his roots with Park & Landscape Services as the East Zone Parks & Recreation Supervisor.

Over the past year, he demonstrated initiative and stepped into the vacant Superintendent position without hesitation while also fulfilling his responsibilities as the P&R Supervisor. Dave’s diverse experience and skill set has uniquely prepared him and made him an obvious choice for the newest Superintendent.

Here's what Dave said about this career with P&R:

"I’ve worked with some amazing people over the years. From the beginning as a Groundskeeper I, to my new role as a Superintendent, I’ve had extraordinary mentors along the way. The city has provided me opportunity to learn every aspect. The amount of training offered is second to none. What we do here is valued and I’m proud to be a part of it. From the importance of getting a site ready for a massive event, to lining football fields for our high schools. I take pride in what I do, and I look forward to the next 20 years. I wouldn’t want to work anywhere else."

If you see Dave around town, be sure to say “hello” and congratulate him on his latest accomplishment and dedication to making our city great!

Comments